Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's looks...

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 96 09:19:00 EST
Subject: Re: Kate's looks...
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 33 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

> Date: Tuesday, 5 March 1996 10:04PM

James wrote, quite splendidly:

[snip]
> Kate is more than a singer, more than a person who does interesting
> production work, or writes beautiful songs.  The Kate Bush experience
> is each of these, but for many I think it transcends these elements.
> The Kate Bush experience, incredible talent and an impenetrable veil
> of mystery about her, is an inner recognition that she is an archi-
> type of human potential, a 'superman' in flesh...

 An architype of human potential - very nice. It is one of the greatest
 joys a feeling person can experience, to be exposed even fleetingly to
 the talents of those who rise so far above the masses as to seem truly
 superhuman; the dull earth of mediocre performers seeming to raise the
 brilliant stars even higher in the firmament.

 "She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
  And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes."