Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's looks...

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 21:06:03 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Kate's looks...
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

It has been written:
> But I really wonder, what if Kate was an ugly woman, would all of
> you still enjoy her music?
And:
> I have wondered about this, who knows what subconcious processes
> go on when we decide what we like.  However I can think of a certain
> other performer, who IMHO is rather ordinary looking, who still
> makes music I can enjoy ;-)

Well (and my asbestos suit is at the ready) I've never thought KaTe
was particularly "beautiful", she not ugly though, maybe she's just
does not what I see as attractive, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

There are those who I do consider in my idea of beauty, but musically
are not my style. So I never bought any of their albums.

OK, I have music by other artists, male, does the original hypothosis
mean for me to like their music I have to be gay? And if I was, can I
not like music by female artists - I think not!

My musical choice is not based on appearance of the performer(s).
There are plenty of not so pleasant (in a beauty contest) artists
who are musically sucessful.

It is true for a large "shallow" music buying populous that a sexy
hunk (or gal) makes a sale. I'd hope that someone of intellect would
realise the disassociation and not be conned!

			Bryan Dongray