Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Kate's looks...

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 96 09:11:00 EST
Subject: RE: Kate's looks...
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 24 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

 barney wrote:

>  Dear all,
>
>  There's been much talk recently in this newsgroup regarding who
>  Kate resembles.  (I've added that she looks like Joan Collins.)
>  But I really wonder, what if Kate was an ugly woman, would all of
>  you still enjoy her music?

 Hmmmmm - I think this is where I came in. If Kate was ugly, she would
 have got NOwhere in the music business. There wouldn't be any music
 of hers available to enjoy. Why did the first promo poster of Kate
 display her breasts instead of just her face? Sex sells. Witness the
 witless wittering about Alanis' breasts on the rec.music.alternative.
 female group. If the single-minded boys in the industry occasionally
 promote a woman with talent, well that's just a bonus for those of us
 for whom talent is a rather more important quality than fine features
 or glandular grandeur.

 TSB