Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cloudbusting Train

From: E L BROOKFIELD <E.L.Brookfield@mmu.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 11:20:13 GMT
Subject: Cloudbusting Train
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Ok, the 'train' at the end of Cloudbusting is a cover up. When Kate
wrote the song everything just came to a sudden end. So the idea for
the train was to provide an ending and to give a sense of the end of
the journey.

The sound effect is not real, the steam is Del processed through the
fairlight, which also provided the whistle.

My source for such detailed knowledge:
The Radio 1 (UK) series 'Classic Albums' did HOL, Kate talked for an
hour about all the tracks in some detail, really interesting.

Emmy, your copy is coming! My stereo has I think died, I can't copy
anything from either CD or tape, but I'm getting a friends for a
while as he's off to travel the world (lucky sod!)

                          love
                          Esther..xxx