Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Old Stuff & Comic Relief

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@mail.interpac.be>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 18:26:32 +0100
Subject: Old Stuff & Comic Relief
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hiya everyone,

Wayne <spike45@sos.sos.net> wrote:

>One more thing I hope can be answered by someone. Not long ago I read a
>letter posted to ECTO stating that Kate didn't care for her early work. Has
>anyone else heard this? If so, what is the source and which early works?

         Kate has been knoiwn to say frequently in interviews that she no
longer wants to listen to 'The Kick Inside' and 'Lionheart', quote "because
they are old". From what I've heard she wasn't at all enthusiastic about the
demos surfacing either.

Then james@absfabs.demon.co.uk said:

>Had I had too much to drink etc. or did I see her royal Kateness on
>Saturday night? It was on re-runs of Comic relief (on UK TV) and she
>was singing a "number" with Rowan Atkinson. Can someone tell
>me more about what I saw!

        The song is called 'Do Bears'. It's from the Comic Relief show of
1986, where Kate also performed a beautiful piano-only live-version of
'Breathing'. A video of the event was also released, entitled "Comic Relief
Utterly Utterly Live" and it's still pretty easy to find.

                   Later folks,

                            Emmy :)

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be        Krd@www.dma.be

http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/Krd/

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
'In The Name Of The Father, The Sceptic And The Son, I Have One More Stupid
Question' ~ Alanis Morissette
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-