Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

xoxox

From: violet@online.np1.com
Date: 27 Feb 1996 01:39:52 PST
Subject: xoxox
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Bryan wrote:
>Thank you Violet for such an intimate piece, and WELL done for
>overcoming your fears.
>
>I just noticed you signed off with:
>> xoxox
>
>When we (my family) write letters to family, the x's everyone knows
>as meaning kisses, but we use o's to mean hugs.
>Just wondered if this was a similar meaning?
>
>                        Bryan Dongray

No, not similar.  Exact. ;)

Violet

P.S.  Actually, I sign almost every note to friends and family with
"xxxO!"  translating in people-words to "kisses, kisses, kisses,
HUGS!" and the O always is a smiley-face.  (Just a bit of fluffy,
personal trivia.)  Also, if you ever get an envelope from me and there
is an "X" on the flap, it means it was "Sealed with a kiss."