Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

meeting kate

From: Zigory@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 02:37:30 -0500
Subject: meeting kate
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Here's my tale.
Subj:  Re:Kate Bush Cafe
Date:  96-02-04 08:21:38 EST
From:  Zigory

I have met Kate Bush when she signed autographs in NY's Tower Records Dec.
1993.  I gave her a long letter and two books wrapped as Christmas presents
(everyone was giving her gifts); she thanked me,  and I told her I always
felt she was like a soulmate.  She looked deeply into my eyes for a very long
period, like 15 seconds...a communication without words..her eyes are hazel
and much lighter than I expected, oddly light colored..She seemed to be
checking to see if I was a soulmate, and simultaneously perhaps she seemed
aware that she was giving me what I wanted (in retrospect it was as if she
was playing the idol, letting me idolize, with an aware sense of humor)...I
was overwhelmed as I looked into her eyes, and said in a stifled sob, "Thank
you very much."  This was after 4 hours standing in line in cold weather.
She stayed for several hours after she was supposed to leave, to be sure to
meet everyone.  This was perhaps to make up for her visit in 1986 when she
had to leave early to make an interview. (I didn't meet her then).  She is
very short and has a truly sweet smile.  Others who have met her have told me
she seemed distant, not revealing anything, a frozen smile...but when I met
her, and to the others following me, she showed warmth, I saw it. I think in
'86 (or was it '85?) she was colder-seeming.

Greg Zeigerson