Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 96 19:57:11 +0100
Subject: (diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Archive-name: music/kate-bush-faq-diffs
Last-modified: 1996/02/25
Version: 1.4.e minus 1.4.a

This is a human understandable 'diff' from previous month's FAQ to this
month's FAQ.

If you are on the mailing list (love-hounds) instead of rec.music.gaffa this
is all you will get without further action.  The full version is posted to
rec.music.gaffa only.  You can get a full copy of the FAQ by requesting it from
me (uli@zoodle.robin.de), or by sending email to majordomo@gryphon.com with the
message contents being "get love-hounds-digest FAQ".  If you can't receive more
than 64KB in one piece I can split the FAQ for you.

All paragraphs which have been changed/added/deleted are listed here,
additional comments in []s.  Cosmetical changes aren't listed.

Hey! This one is on time again! And I only had to plough through about 1300
mails today ;-)!

-------------------8<-------------------
Newer versions (in decreasing order) can be obtained from me
(uli@zoodle.robin.de), from Bill Wisner (majordomo@gryphon.com, message
contents "get love-hounds-digest FAQ"), from various newsgroups
(rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.info, alt.music.ecto, rec.answers, alt.answers,
news.answers) or any ftp site archiving any of these groups.  If you can't
receive more than 64KB in one piece I can split the FAQ for you.

[Yup. The latest version except for my private copy now can be obtained
automatically. You don't have to wait that much anymore till one of us
has time.]

2.1. Who is Happy Rhodes?

     [...]  Happy Rhodes discussion now takes place on an ever-
     growing mailing list founded by Jessica called Ecto.  If you want to
     subscribe to this list, whose broad range of discussion now includes
     many other female artists (including Kate Bush), send a request to
     rutgers via:

        ecto-request@ecto.org

     or

        ecto-digest-request@ecto.org

     with a line in the message body

        subscribe ecto

     or

        subscribe ecto you@a.different.address

        ecto@ecto.org

     A comprehensive FAQ about Ecto can be found via ftp (see section 6
     for details on ftp) on ftp://ftp.ecto.org .  The Ecto archives, a lot of
     pictures, interviews etc. can also be found there.

[Yup. New addresses for Ecto. And I just saw that I've overlooked one
change. The requests obviously don't go to Rutgers anymore, instead they
go to ecto.org which is a domain hosted by Greg Bossert and which is
giving homes for Ecto-like artists and others]

2.2. Who is Tori Amos?

     Tori now has a new album (called "Boys for Pele") out, so watch out for
     those singles again!

[Yup again. Though the next set of 2 CD singles ("Talula") won't be limited
at all.]

2.3. Other mailing lists that might be of interest

     Suzanne Vega - Undertow

        subscribe: Majordomo@majordomo.law.emory.edu
                   Body: subscribe undertow
                   Body: subscribe undertow another-user@another-address
                   Body: subscribe undertow-digest
        post:      undertow@law.emory.edu

[The subscription address changed slightly. And I've found another typo in
the FAQ (tabs instead of spaces. sigh...).]

4.4. Basic Discography/Videography

     The song Kate contributes is called "Mna Na h-Eireann", and the album is
     scheduled to be released worldwide around May 6. [PC]

[Yeah! Though May 6 isn't what was originally planned. Nevertheless we all
look forward to it!]

4.5. Other Artists using Kate's Work

     Songs about Kate Bush:

     Jimmy Buffet - Mexico
            [this song got deleted here, because Brian L. Rachford [BLR] had
            some serious doubts about the line in question being "...gay men in
            blue jeans - no, no, that's not politically correct, that's KATE
            BUSH in blue jeans!!!".  Brian says that he believes that this
            line says "...cave men in blue jeans, no, no, that's not
            politically correct, that's CAVE PERSONS in blue jeans!!!"  This
            makes much more sense than the obscure Kate reference.

[Well, this one was in here last time, though by now it seems like it was
a kind of false alarm. I'll remove it from the FAQ now.]

4.11.What about the inscriptions on the vinyl discs?

     Sat In Your Lap / Lord Of The Reedy River:
        Side A: Well done JB 1st dan
                [JB is John Barrett (assistant engineer, see SIYL sleeve), not
                 John Carder Bush [WW]]
        Side B: Thank you Donovan
                [Donovan wrote Lord Of The Reedy River]

[new information about who JB is]

     Bootlegs:
     (these inscriptions are obviously not written by Kate Bush herself)

     Cathy Demos volume one:
        Side A: She smokes the blackest hash
        Side B: Fan fan, Cecile & Jackie
     Cathy Demos volume two:
        Side A: I have bellie bad luck
        Side B: You wished it on yourself
     Cathy Demos volume three:
        Side A: Gee, our old lasalle ran great
        Side B: Big Black Beard
     Cathy Demos volume four:
        Side A: I should be at college or sailing
        Side B: Zezezozee zadfrack glutz
     Cathy Demos volume five:
        Side A: Please don't hurt my baby
        Side B: I'm so happy, 'cause I'm so stupid

[Yes, also some bootlegs feature inscriptions...]

4.12.Kate Bush World Wide Web (WWW) pages

     The Very First Pages to Visit:

     Vickie's Kate Index
        http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/artists/kb.html

        This is basically a HTMLified version of Stev0s full reviews, done by
        Vickie Mapes in a very nice way.

     Vickie's Ecto-artists index
        http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/artists/artists.html

        This is Vickie's complete artists index, kind of a specilaized Ultimate
        Band List for people with love-hounds like tastes.

[In addition to the Ultimate Band List, Stev0 promoted Vickies pages to the
same level of importance. One horizontally oriented, the other vertically.]

     Top-Notch Bookmark These And Come Back Often Pages:

     David Benson's Kate Page:
        http://www.acy.digex.net/~dobenson/kate.html

        Some of the BEST photos of Kate I've EVER seen.  Now also features
        the Kate Bush Web which works like a newsgroup with real people
        posting (not bots).

[Not only pictures, though also a whole lot more.]

     Really Great Must-See Pages:

     Under the Ivy:
        http://area51.upsu.plym.ac.uk/~garrick/kate_bush.html

        Info about Homeground and gatherings of KateFans.  Unfortunately, the
        nice scans of Top Of The Pops had to be taken down.

[Sigh. And I didn't have any opportunity to get the pics. Anyone willing to
tell the story why they had to be removed? Disc space or copyright?]

7.   Credits

     BLR:   Brian L. Rachford <rachford@uwyo.edu>
     PC:    Peter Chow <100427.2530@compuserve.com>

[Two new entries here.]

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]