Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Thank You!!!!!/Questions

From: spaced heater <woj@remus.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 09:40:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Thank You!!!!!/Questions
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

evie22@aol.com (Evie22) sez:

>They also
>had the import cd 'Wow' which I wanted to ask about. Can anyone tell me
>about the sound quality on this cd?

_wow_ is the disc that claims to be the amsterdam show from the "tour
of life", but it is, in fact, yet another bootleg made from the audio
track of the hammersmith video. i don't recall the sound quality being
bad, but it's certainly not worth the money if you can find the "live
at the hammersmith odeon" video.

>still more questions... They had two versions of This Woman's Work. I've
>heard mention of the Japanese TWW being of better sound quality than other
>versions. Is this a true statement? If so, I'd be willing to spend the
>$20.00 more. If there isn't that much of a difference I'd be inclined to
>stick to the UK. Is there an American version? Also, if I did get the
>Japanese import, is there a book or reference material included, and if
>so, is it *ALL* in Japanese?

dunno about the sound quality issue.

there is no american version of the box set, but there is a canadian
one which is probably the cheapest (should you be able to find it) of
the three.

pretty sure that the japanese box set includes only japanese liner
notes, though i'm probably wrong. tippi chai was working on translating
the liner notes from the japanese box once upon a time, but, as i
recall, decided not to finish since they seemed to be stolen more or
less from the book _KaTe bush KompleTe_. (my memory may need severe
correction on this!)

woj