Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Thank You!!!!!/Questions

From: evie22@aol.com (Evie22)
Date: 25 Feb 1996 08:31:34 -0500
Subject: Thank You!!!!!/Questions
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi all. Just wanted to give a big *THANK YOU* to everyone who's offered to
tape the demos and videos for me. I'd heard that LHers were generous
but... well, give yourselves a hand!!!!!! Thank you again.

I was in a record shop today and, much to my delight, they had more Kate
Bush than I ever thought they would -4 interview pic discs, about 6 12"
singles, a couple of cd singles, This Woman's Work UK and Japanese boxed
sets, The Red Shoes boxed set that includes red ballet shoes, the book
'Kate Bush A Visual Documentary' by Kevin Cann & Sean Mayes (which I did
buy) and a KB Rock N Roll comic book which I also got because, even though
it was wrapped so I couldn't look through it, it was only $2.50. They also
had the import cd 'Wow' which I wanted to ask about. Can anyone tell me
about the sound quality on this cd? I almost purchased it, but thought I'd
check with the all-knowing before I shelled out my hard-earned $30. And
still more questions... They had two versions of This Woman's Work. I've
heard mention of the Japanese TWW being of better sound quality than other
versions. Is this a true statement? If so, I'd be willing to spend the
$20.00 more. If there isn't that much of a difference I'd be inclined to
stick to the UK. Is there an American version? Also, if I did get the
Japanese import, is there a book or reference material included, and if
so, is it *ALL* in Japanese?

Sorry so many questions! Thanks in advance for any help!
-e, over here