Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Preservation Act II

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 08:58:33 -0800
Subject: Preservation Act II
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Vickie sez:

>> Ecto is occult

>Let's not spread false rumours here. Ecto doesn't need or want a
>deluge of Christian Coalition or occultists descending on it.

Yes it does!  Nothing makes a band more popular than the fundies
condemning it!  Hmmm, maybe Lovehounds can get Kate to write a song
called "Cop Killer"...

On another note,

aanderson@ppg01.sc.hp.com (Allen Anderson) states:

>I remember that one!  Yay!  She does kinda look like Kate, too.  Anyone
know who
>the actress is?

How do you know she looks like Kate?  I just got a book chock-full of Kate
Pictures, and I went through the same thing whenever I get my hands on
a batch of new Kate pix - in any two pictures at random, Kate looks not
even remotely the same in the two!  Despite the hundreds of pictures I've
seen of her over the years, if I saw her walking down the street, I doubt if
I would recognize her (unless it was a rather short woman singing
"Babooshka", or thanking the sidewalk profusely for letting her walk
on it).

Anyway, I finally solved TWO mysteries at once!  First, why does Kate
look nothing alike in any of her pictures?  Second, why does it take so
long between albums?  ANSWER:  There is a whole SLEW of women
named "Kate Bush", who are all extremely talented.  This explains the
difference of styles from "The Infant Kiss" to "Get Out of My House"
to "Ken", etc.  This also explains why it takes so long between albums:
I've sat in far too many meetings to realize it takes FOREVER for
a committee to do what one person can do in a couple of days.

Hey, this also clears up the "Why Won't Kate Tour" mystery, too:
WHICH Kate would be the one on stage?  Maybe they all could,
thus making costume changes go REAL fast.  Someone should
write all these Kates and tell suggest it to them.

- Stev0 the Artificial Man

"How could you leave us, when we needed to
possess you. We hated you, we loved you, too..."
- The Kate Bush choir