Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Demo-lyrics online

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@donald.interpac.be>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 21:44:45 +0100
Subject: Re: Demo-lyrics online
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray) wrote:

>I took a look, a download, then a word by word compare (using the
>computer - of course), then lots of listening, replaying, listening,
>changing my online lyrics, checking, and FINALLY with one last recompare
>here's my thoughts...

>Come Closer To Me Babe:
>	please correct your title!

          I've also had mail from people telling me the actual title is 'Who
is Sylvia?'. Maybe we should have a vote on this whole title-business,
because I am rather confused. Besides, who says 'Come Closer To Me Babe' is
the title given to it by Kate, so my idea is us Love-Hounds should come to
some kind of agreement about the 'definitive' titles.

>Dali:
>	shouldn't it be "Senore Dali", he is a man?

     I was following Violet's interpretation of the song, and her version of
the lyrics, as they make a lot of sense. And among the hisses, I can quite
distinctly here an 'a'-sound.

>	And 100% it is:
>		Deeper here lies hidden

   I've corrected that.

>Frightened Eyes:
>	A matter of spelling, it's:
>		Just traveling on a bus
>	ie one 'l' in traveling (according to my dictionary).

        According to Webster's (http://c.gp.cs.cmu.edu:5103/prog/webster),
both one and two 'l's are allowed. I've always written travelling with two
'l's and don't see why I should change now :-P

 Then:
>		In any English country garden.
>		^^
>	although, it could be "At", but it's a hard one, but "In" makes
>	more sense, so my vote goes that way.

    I dunno, to me it sounds like they're gazing out windows at any English
country garden. What do the others think?

>	You've typo'd a missing space:
>		Vacancy shows on screen.
>				^
      I've corrected that as well :)

>It Hurts Me:
>	Please correct your title (from "Waltz Growing Old").

      See 'Come Closer'-remark above.

>	Another spelling check:
>		I was firey but you put me out.
>			 ^
>	add the 'e', although my dictionary was vague about this.

         Mine was too.. Does this word even exist?

 Next:
>		If you laughed at me, I'd laugh too.
>		Waltz, don't you know that I'd be really breaking in.
>		L'amour--mon choux avec une etrangere.

                I've changed that too. Made a lot more sense than what I had :)

    I'll correct and adapt the rest of the lyrics too,. Thanks for the extra
lines in 'Scares Me Silly', by the way :)

>I notice you don't include the demo versions of
>Emmy, I could send you my version of the demo lyrics to use, including
>those just above.

    That would be brilliant, thank you! Oh, and about 'Organic Acid', I'd be
only too happy to copy that to a tape for you :)

              Emmy.

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be        Krd@www.dma.be

http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/Krd/

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
'Caught a lite sneeze, dreamed a little dream, made my own pretty hate
machine' ~ Tori Amos
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-