Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: PHOENIX The Kate Bush Demos

From: cosmicac@aol.com (COSMIC AC)
Date: 10 Feb 1996 23:09:56 -0500
Subject: Re: PHOENIX The Kate Bush Demos
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Thank you, Weiland, for your wonderful labor of love.  I fell in love with
the demos when I first heard them two years ago and I have been a frequent
listener ever since.  I will try your lyrics for a test listen in the near
future, but based on my reading of your proffered lyrics, I am not sure
that I will have much to offer.  Here is a radical idea:  The LoveHound
with the clearest copy of the sacred demos provides his or her source
vinyl, tape or cd to one of those digital transfer services which makes
cd's for consumers.  We could then all "place our orders" with the
service.  This should be open to LoveHounds only, so that no profit is
made (save for the digital transfer service's normal profit for the
transfer and pressing of cd's) and bootleggers make no money at KT's
expense.  Since we all have (or *should* have) some form of the precious
demos already, this would put us all on equal footing and permit us all to
enjoy them in their best possible form, under the circumstances.  I have
them on two separate cd sources, but both sound pretty dreadful, and
neither has the between songs sounds that appear to be on the best sound
quality sources.  O.K., I can dream can't I?

Finally, I have been lurking for quite some time under a different e-mail
ID and thoroughly enjoy reading this group!  I feel like replying to
almost every post and saying YES! YES! YES! I feel the same way, but my
buzy schedule permits little free time for engaging in the discourse.
Thank you all for permitting me to "listen in!"

Brad Trushin