Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: i don't know if it's been signed yet but pass this on

From: maitreya@village.ios.com (Philip Verdieck)
Date: 11 Feb 1996 03:38:57 GMT
Subject: Re: i don't know if it's been signed yet but pass this on
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

THANATOS (jph@sas.upenn.edu) wrote:
: You seem to be making a pretty hefty statement and assuming we all agree,
: Brett.  But just for the sake of argument, explain to me why the
: government shouldn't monitor what kids see on the 'Net?  Why should it be
: solely the parent's responsibility?  Is it because the gov't shouldn't
: raise people's kids?  Then why have a public school system?  Why have
: laws against child abuse?  Why outlaw parental incest?

: Treat these questions as if they've been asked by somebody who has no
: knowledge of history or politics whatsoever, and explain why those in
: chargs should not have the right to determine certain topics too lurid or
: graphic, or otherwise potentially harmful, for a person still in the
: developmental stages of life?

: Just curious...

This is too stupid to respond to....

Phil V.