Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Gaffer tape and the dress

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 12:58:16 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Gaffer tape and the dress
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi all,

Thinking about how memories fade (etc), I have a scenario that fits
what we see, and IA's story, ie about the tape and the dress.

Kate sings, dress breaks, carries on, walks off.

She may have commented that she couldn't get off the stage fast
enough, especially, if she was neverous (or a least a little bothered
about a) the Prince; b) the dress). This gets distorted in IA's head
that she ran off. Quite understandable.

Next, he helps fix it, being available, having the means too.

As to going back on, doesn't everyone go back on (at the very end of
the performance) to do a last curtain call, bowing, etc?

Just a possible scenario, not having seen the whole show I cannot comment.
I see no reason why anyone would be so off, generally, memories do bear a
resembalance to some of the truth.

			Bryan Dongray

PS On the matter of being nervous in front of royalty, has anyone
ever seen Mr.Bean when he met the queen at an official cinema "do"?
Despite me genernally not being a super fan of Mr Bean, this was funny.