Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: The Prince's Trust incident

From: Smith Van Civ UCSS/PRC <smithv@usafe16.ramstein.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 96 09:42:00 PST
Subject: RE: The Prince's Trust incident
To: "'RMG'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 41 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello Love Hounds,

Rolf writes:
>has anybody in the european area watched VIVA II (the german VH-1 wannabe)
>recently ? They have a show called "Geschmackssache" (A Matter Of Taste),
>their artist-plays-his/her-favourite-videos thing.

I sometimes have VIVA on as background music, but I missed this episode.
I do recall seeing one of the KaTe videos on this station once.

            <snip!>

>Sorry if I brought up something that's embarrassing for Kate and that
>you probably all know already, but ...

Don't be sorry, this is a rather humorous anecdote, and I'm glad you
shared it with us.  If they do a repeat of this show in the future, I'll be
prepared with a blank tape in my multi-system VCR!  (I'll keep my
eyes glued to "Horzu")

>- --
>"That was the most embarrassing moment in my entire life"
>Carolyne Mas in a concert in Kaiserslautern 1992 about the concert in 1991,
>when a similar thing happened to her. "this time what you see is what
>you get" [pointing at the XL sweat shirt she was wearing]

Ah, Kaiserslautern, my "home town"!  Haven't seen any concerts here,
but David Sylvian, with Mick Karn, Mark Isham, and Steve Jansen were
awesome in the Frankfurt Alte Oper.  And Peter Gabriel's open-air concert
outside of Frankfurt was terrific, even if KaTe didn't show up to perform
"Don't Give Up" live and in person with Peter.

Speaking of German concerts, it's looking grim for future foreign acts
to perform here, as the German government just increased their tax
cut of all proceeds to a whopping 30%!  More than a few acts have
completely canceled their planned tours here as a result.  Not sure, but
I think the previous tax rate was 7%.

Van