Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe and Gershwin - I'm in love again...

From: barnster <haha@ix.hell.com>
Date: 31 Jan 1996 18:40:06 GMT
Subject: Re: KaTe and Gershwin - I'm in love again...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

chansen@kiva.com ("Chris Hansen @ Work") writes:
> I just fell in love with KaTe's voice all over again.
>
> I finally got around to listening to "The Man I Love" sung by KaTe
> and played by Larry Adler.  WOW!!!  I knew she was versatile but I
> am still quivering...  If there was an album of KaTe singing this
> style of music, I would be completely unable to function.

Dear Chris Hansen,
I'm glad that you can fall "in love with Kate's voice all over again."
Personally, I don't think "The Man I Love" was well sung.  Her voice
has changed throughout the years.  For a torch song like this, I'd much
prefer Ella Fitzgerald, or even Dorothy L'amour for god's sake!  Kate's
voice just couldn't sing in that style effectively.  The instruments
outdoes her this time.  Nevertheless, I was glad to experience
anything new by Kate.

Sincerely,

barney