Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ne T'Enfuis Pas

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 31 Jan 96 10:21:44 EST
Subject: Re: Ne T'Enfuis Pas
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

--- Wieland Willker wrote:
Yes, please, Kate: Say it for mmeeeee!
It's difficult to decide between "mon" and "bon", but IMHO she sings "bon".
Listen carefully again!
--- end of quoted material ---
It's been very amusing to see this discussion going on.

Being french (canadian), I KNOW what she's singing.

It is in fact "mon Dieu"  and not "bon Dieu".  If it
was "bon Dieu" then Kate should be singing:
"Si les grand yeux du bon Dieu".
                   ^^

Kate DEFINITELY sings: "Si les grand yeux de mon Dieu"
                                          ^^

I don't know how to explain this grammatically (I hate
grammar).

peace

ron