Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Trio Bulgarka

From: pdCampbell@goodyear.com (pDaleCampbell)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 21:20:40 GMT
Subject: Trio Bulgarka
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

I finally picked up a copy of "Le Mystere de Voix Bulgares".  I got it
second-hand at a local CD place, Quonset Hut.  I first saw it there 9
months ago, and repeatedly passed it up.  After 6 months, having
passing it once again.  I finally came to my senses and went back to
get it one week later.  Of course, it was *gone*!

Just last week I was looking through the "used CD" bins and found it
again--now I have it!  The cover is different, though.  I have seen
talk of Vol. 1 and 2, but do not see any such indicator on the CD.
The other one had a group picture on the cover, half-cropped and
tilted.  The one I have has a painting of the back of one woman
dancing in traditional garb.  The catalog # is 979165-2.  (Maybe that
"dash 2" means Vol. 2?) And get this: "Mfd. for BMG Direct Marketing"!

The reason for telling all this is...the first time I heard the last
song on the CD, "Polegnala e Todora", I knew I had heard it before.
It didn't take long to decide I had heard it on a David Byrne album,
then identify the album as _Music_for_The_Knee_Plays_ by David Byrne
and Robert Wilson, and finally the song "Theadora Is Dozing".

Any comments?
___                                               pdcampbell@goodyear.com
 |  "Love between the ugly                                  The UnderToad
 |/     is the most beautiful love of all"-Todd             pDaleCampbell
 |\ "I think you're all completely mad"-Kate (to her fans)