Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Organic Acid lyrics

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 18:50:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Organic Acid lyrics
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

 >     I just heard the "Organic Acid" demo for the first time (Thank you
 > VERY much, Emmy!) and I was wondering if anybody has transcribed the
 > lyrics yet?  Especially, Paddy's very unusual poetry.

The lyrics unfortunately were never properly placed in
the complete lyrics section of IED's The Garden text,
but he knows that they were posted in their entirety
by him (and perhaps by others, as well) years ago in
Love-Hounds.  IED also provided (if his memory serves
him) both the song's version of John Carder Bush's
poem and the earlier edition, as written for publication
in the late 1960s/early 1970s under the title "Before
the Flood" (?), which is probably the actual title of
the song, the identification of which as "Organic Acid"
is almost certainly erroneous.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
     S              R              I