Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wait for Kate (too many songs....)

From: RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 12:53:39 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Wait for Kate (too many songs....)
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Alan stated:

>Also, just to annoy some die-hard Tori fans, "Boys for Pele" is far too
>crowded with songs. I think that's Tori's flaw - she releases too many
>songs. If BfP had only 10 or 11 songs on it, it would be a much stronger
>album, but it's too much to listen to in one go.

This sort of seems like a theme among a lot of artists, especially on their
third (real) album. Examples : Guns and Roses (Use your Illusion), Smashing
Pumpkins (Meloncholy....), Tori Amos. I really can't think of any others....
Maybe it's the album after the band has hit it big. Another band: Jane's
Addiction (Ritual De La Habitual - Wasn't really too long, just had a whole
bunch of long songs on it....)

Is this a trend that others have noticed?

Aaron