Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTegories

From: Rolf Peukert <Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 96 17:05:19 0100
Subject: Re: KaTegories
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray) wrote:
>barnster <notme@ix.hell.com> on 29 Jan 1996 04:06:32 GMT wrote:
>> As far as I can try, I think Kate's music can be divided into
>> at least three catagories (I'm sure there are more):
>>
>> rock:...James And..., Love And Anger, And So Is Love, Violin etc
>> piano:..This Woman's Work, Under The Ivy, And Dream Of Sheep, etc
>> ???:....The Sensual World, Watching You Without Me, Song Of Solomon etc

..

You find rock influences and folk from various countries in her music,
and there's also reggae (kite), (Ran Tan) waltz and some more or less
experimental things like Night Scented Stock, Waking The Witch ...
I have favourites among all these. IMO it's not easy to categorize
Kate's music.

>Another Similarily:
>	Hello Earth - Hey Jupiter
and
    James And The Cold Gun - Me And A Gun

Clearly Tori simplified the title to make it not too obvious...

bye,

Rolf

--
"Everything reminds me of my dog" - Jane Siberry