Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on CNN?

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: 28 Jan 1996 05:49:23 GMT
Subject: Kate on CNN?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

	A co-worker came in to replace me this morning, and picked up
one of my Kate CDs and said that she was on CNN this morning.

	I said, "You mean *Tori* was, right?" And he said that it was
definitely Kate. I asked why she was on (as, after all, she has no new
album to support) and he replied that though his wife was speaking to
him at the time, he heard them say that she was doing "a show."

	I told him that I thought he was mistaken, as Kate hasn't done
"a show" since 1979. And he replied that that's why CNN was interview-
ing her, and making a big deal about it.

	Anyone else see this? He's not the type to pull my leg, and he
does know the difference between Kate and Tori, so...?

	In the TV Guide, CNN lists 'Showbusiness Weekend' as their
program at approximately the time he would have seen it. I've called
CNN to get a copy of this, but will have to call back on Monday as the
department that handles this sort of thing was closed.

Robb