Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Something like a lover

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 08:27:49 -0100
Subject: Something like a lover
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello Brian, you wrote:
>> The first time I read this: ??? :-) ??? :-))
> Sorry, but you do seem to have responded on my thoughts coherently to how
> I was trying to word them.

I interpreted them the way, that you meant KaTe forgot about the original
meaning of the words. I can't believe that. Mmmmh. Okay. Everything is fine
then?

> I agree with the twilight concept, although I've been thinking about when
> does something keep coming forward but never moving? Perhaps, it could
> mean "owning up" as in coming forward with information. But remember "he
> won't answer me", so a bird song could fit this, consider a stationary
> bird, singing its song, but only when it wants to. As they do.

I have an idea for almost everything. So I do have one for the 'he keeps
coming forward, but never moving'.
Remember a lake with a wind-induced current. And a bird standing still in
the water. Then, with little waves it may look like the bird is moving
through the water without actually moving.
(I experience a similar thing quite often, when kayaking on a lake with
headwind...)
What do you think?

>> Thank you IED for resolving the line
>> "Rest and sing lover..." !!!
>> Why can I hear it so easy now?
>
> I still cannot! But I do have the CD Home Demos (ie not the best
> quality).
> Trouble is I cannot hear where the 'v' would be?

Okay, there's not much of a 'v', but 'lover' is still the best
approximation of it. Or do you have any other idea?

To stir up more confusion, what about:
       "rest in sin lover"?
This will get in conflict with the bird concept.

>JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au wrote:
>> The Garden lists the lyrics as "I've called him by every name I know,
>> By every name I know" but to me it sounds more like "I've called him
>> every name I know, By every name I know".
>
> Sorry, I can definately hear the first "by" (and the second one too). I
> too can hear the frustration (not quite) or more emotional feeling in
> the way it is sung, also emphasised by the repeating of the phrase.

She sings: " 'called him b'every name I know, by every name I know..."
A very blurred 'b...every', but it's definitely 'by', IMHO.

Is there a double meaning in the destiny line?
"Is there no destiny here?"
1. There has to be a destiny to move to come forward.
2. Destiny in the meaning of 'fate'?

"NO FATE" (Sarah Connor, T2)

Best wishes
    Wieland