Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wait for Kate

From: mmayo@mindspring.com (Mark Mayo)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:53:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Wait for Kate
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

nbuchwa1@ix.netcom.com (Norman Buchwald) wrote:

>btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray) wrote:

>>Just a small piece of advise:
>>	Wait for Kate

>Since when was Tori Amos just another Kate Bush, anyway?  When Little
>Earthquakes came out there were some reminisces of Kate's music that
>made us rave about this album.  But looking back now, one has to
>wonder.  Was she ever really in Kate Bush's shadow?    As a big fan of
>both artists, I certainly am for their similarities, but also their
>differences

The problem I have with Amos is that after the release of Little
Earthquakes she flatly denied ever having heard any of Kate's work.
IMHO, this may be true!  But in that case, her producer certainly has
heard and was heavily influenced by Kate's work.

Personally, I think that credit should be given where credit is due.
There's no shame in admitting another artist's influence.

Go Hard Or Go Home!
mmayo@mindspring.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~mmayo/mmayo.html