Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sensual World, the music

From: Ellen van Neck <100411.2450@compuserve.com>
Date: 24 Jan 96 14:33:02 EST
Subject: Sensual World, the music
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Love Hounds,

Reading through all of the subjects which appear on the newsgroup, I started
thinking of something I haven't heard anyone of you mentioning before (during
the two month period I follow this group).

Here in The Netherlands there is this Radio Programme "Peazens & Moddergat"
(VPRO) where all different kinds of music are being "evaluated" in a very broad
sense. It is on the radio from 05:00 - 07:00 in the morning.

One day I woke up and heard the subject of the day was artists stealing from
other artist. And they played The Sensual World!

What was stolen? Well they played first TSW from Kate and immediately after that
an similar song was played which was almost identical. It sounded a bit less
"round" or "complete" (I am used to Kate's version). As far as I can remember it
was said that this music was from Eastern European origin. There were no lyrics
to this song.

Does any one of you if this is true?

Maybe I am totally wrong, but the radio programme was submitted quite a few
years back....

Ellen van Neck. (..... and my favourite, among others, is .....  Under the Ivy
..... )