Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katetopia/Rubberband Chord

From: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 11:26:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Katetopia/Rubberband Chord
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
CC: love-hounds@gryphon.net, MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Greetings all!
I received a copy of the Katetopia tape (thanks, Neile!) and I am so impressed.
What a wonderful job IED, Karen, and John did with the compilation and the
titles. (clapclapclapclap)

The sequence from the Japanese pop show with the two ladies singing "Rolling
the Ball" (sic) and Kate dancing like a disco maniac has to be one of the most
surreal things I have ever seen in my life. Anyone else here seen the
Godzilla/Mothra film where Mothra protects the miniature singing twins? That's
who those two women reminded me of. I kept waiting for Mothra to swoop down and
carry them away.
I think that disco/Tijuana Horns arrangement of the song is going to be with me
for a looooong time.

I hadn't seen the MTV Rubberband Girl video all the way through, and I really
liked it. Kate did some wonderful-looking things with fairly simple lighting
and effects! Pretty good for a rush job. Which leads me to a question...earlier
this week. someone mentioned that Rubberband Girl the song is basically one
chord with a few moving 4ths and 5ths. Um....which chord would that be?

Cheers, Fiona
(with a horrible lack of talent for transcription)