Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wait for Kate

From: RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 9:53:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Wait for Kate
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Bryan writes:
>Just a small piece of advise:
>        Wait for Kate
>Do not buy the latest Tori Amos album (Boys for Pele)!

to which I reply:

 I really don't understand how you can criticize this album already. It came
out yesterday. Most albums need at least a couple listens before all of the
subtle items can enhance the listening pleasure. Most albums that I listen
to do not strike me as good albums on the first or second or third time
through. For example : The Sugarcubes - Life's too Good. An in-fucking-credible
album, but I hated it the first few times that I listened to it. How about
Sting's Ten Sumner's Tales. How boring. Let's hear some good stuff, like on
Ghost in the Machine. Now that I have listened to it, I really, really like
it. Another great album. For my final example, all Kate albums before The
Whole Story. I listened to the first side of Hounds of Love and put it away
for at least a year. I finally took it back out and listened to the whole
thing and loved it.

  I am not saying that you will enjoy Tori's latest album, but you should
give it a chance before you crucify it.

Aaron