Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wait for Kate

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 00:42:28 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Wait for Kate
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Just a small piece of advise:
	Wait for Kate
Do not buy the latest Tori Amos album (Boys for Pele)!
What a disaster! OK maybe if you're a harden real Tori fan and like
Tori music "just because", although this is not much like the others.
I really quite like LE and UtP, but nothing on BfP sound like any will
get in the top 100, perhaps "Doughnut song". If you *have* heard it
what is "Professional Widow"? Grunge metal on a harpsichord?

You don't have to much deal with reading the wordsheet, there are 2
missing song words (titles, just no words printed, perhaps they're
printed white on white). There are section of missing words (eg start
of track 16), and extra lines that aren't sung.

You *might* wish to see the piglet! I'm sure the RSPCA (animal welfare)
need to pay her a visit! or is it art? I hope the snake wasn't caught
under the rocking chair. I hope the dead hanging chicken was eaten, and
not just there for the photo. I also wonder what the cows were thinking,
is Tori vomiting on that mattress?

Other thoughts: Has Angie Dickinson heard this?
		Has Mr Sulu (George Takai) heard this?

IMO rating: -1 out of 10 (without track 4, it'd be 0/10).

I seriously recommend you hear it firstly via a friend, and decide
that way if you really like her new style! Please skip track 4.

			Bryan Dongray