Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Why so many Kate and Jane Siberry comparisons? And KT is not god.

From: barnster <notme@ix.hell.com>
Date: 23 Jan 1996 10:16:45 GMT
Subject: Why so many Kate and Jane Siberry comparisons? And KT is not god.
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Dear Katefans,

It seems as if so many of us are comparing Ms. Bush to Ms. Siberry
Now, in what ways are they similar?  Clearly, Kate makes better
music.  By I do give Jane credit for trying so many different styles.
I kind of miss the keyboard stuff from "No Borders Here" to "The
Walking."  Then she got weird and did country/folk, something strange
on "When I was a Boy," then kind of jazzy with "Maria."

I do feel that the band in "Maria" upped her one!  They were better
than she was.

And for those who feel KT is god, get a life pleazzzz!!!  She eats,
sleeps, and shits just like the rest of us.  We should only admire
her, not worship her.  I'm sure she would appreciate us all this way.

live to the fullest,
barney