Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This women's work CD.

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 96 14:40:44 +0100
Subject: Re: This women's work CD.
To: psw@tauon.ph.unimelb.edu.au (Paul Weiser)
cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Paul!

> I have a question. I just picked up a copy of a KT CD. All it has
> on the front cover is the KT symbol and II.
[...]
> it is simply entitled "This women's work"

Assuming "This Woman's Work" here (woman, not women).

> Is this a CD which has been taken from the Box Set "this women's work"
> or is it something new. (there are no "not for separate sale" etc...
> labels on the box or the CD itself)

Are there 'EMI' or 'EMI Toshiba' signs somewhere on the CD or cover or
booklet? Is there a booklet at all?

The little (8) that Robb asked for can only be found on the Japanese
edition of the boxed set. That one did number all 8 CDs, so these CDs
are easily distinguishable from regular CDs (even the 6 regular albums).

The bootleg existing of the CD does have two KT-fem symbols (red), "Kate Bush"
(also red) and "This Woman's Work / Extended Edition / II" (white) printed
on the front, and of course in addition to the 14 tracks you listed there's
also the 'extension', namely the remix of Rubberband Girl. Seeing this,
you definitely don't seem to have found the bootleg version.

Now what about the booklets in your version? The regular Japanese one does
have Japanese/English lyrics in it, the regular English release doesn't
have much in the booklet, only a track listing, some credits, and a picture
on the back. I don't know about the Canadian release.

Now you either found part of a split up boxed set, or you found something new.
Something new would probably be a new bootleg edition, and I don't think
there's demand for yet another pirated edition here. If you found a split-up
boxed set, you might as well find the other CD (with 'I' instead of 'II'
on the cover and of course a different track listing etc.) there as well,
so maybe there's not three more 'II's in the shop where you found it, but
rather two 'I's and one 'II'. Then I'd recommend you should buy one of the
'I's for yourself.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]