Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush will have a NEW SONG!! (Reminder)

From: Steve ZPJ <zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 21:29:15 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush will have a NEW SONG!! (Reminder)
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On 21 Jan 1996 11:21:37 GMT animlboy@scsn.net (animal boy) wrote:

>In article <821837921.7078.0@huskbeat.demon.co.uk>,
>zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk wrote:
>> >for negative criticism to stop--Kate is human like all of us:  she
>> >is not above criticism.  If she records a good song, then we should
>> >praise; if she records a stinker, then we should dig.  What is so
>> >"idiotic" and "completely senseless" in trying to be a fair critic
>> Except, of course, that Kate has never written a bad song and cannot
>> be criticised. er, well, except Why Should I Love You, maybe.
>> Steve ZPJ

>Oh, brother. Idiotic and completely senseless is to worship someone so
>that one does not bother to take a moderately objective view of things. I
>can't think of any Kate songs I hate, but I can think of some I'm
>disappointed by and some I don't much miss. She may not have any absolute
>stinkers, but she does have some weaker material.

Surely by stating that I dislike WSILY I am showing that I am
objective to Kate's songs. This is the only song I actually dislike.
Others that have been mentioned (ie.Violin) are some of my favourites
of Kate's songs. I just think that when the two talented artists
collided together a bad song was released. Individually they are much
better, esp. Kate.
__
Steve ZPJ

-- Anyone who can stay sane in this world must be mad --

zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk