Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Two more found...

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 22:40:56 -0800
Subject: Two more found...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi -

I thought I was done with mentioning Kate Resources on the
Web, but I found two more;

the first:

http://archive.uwp.edu/pub/music/artists/b/bush.kate/

is just a webbified version of their ftp server,

ftp://ftp.uwp.edu/pub/music/artists/b/bush.kate/

Yes!  Now no more "ftp server is busy" errors,
PLUS you can get the compressed files, OR read
(for the most part) UNCOMPRESSED versions!
For those who never visted the FTP site, this is perhaps
the MOST IMPORANT Kate Resource out there.
Here's what you get:

o  TONS of Kate Pictures
o  The COMPLETE TEXT of IED's "The Garden"
o  The COMPLETE TEXT of Ron Hill's "Cloudbusting"
o  Lyrics, Lyrics, Lyrics!
o  ARCHIVES of EVERY SINGLE POST ever made
   to Lovehounds, going back to Day One!  (Not for the
   timid or the impatient).
o  Weiland's "Moments of Pleasure", a "Lovehounds'
   Greatest Hits:  1993/1994"
o  Much, much more!

Looks wise, this site won't win any prizes - it's just a
fancy ftp directory, for God's sake!  But content-wise,
if you could only visit one site, THIS would be the site
to visit.

Now, THIS is a Five-star, 10-out-of-10, Grade A,
top-notch site, and then some!

The second:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/marcel/katebush.htm

Is Marcel's advertisement for his upcoming "Kate Covered"
project, with Lovehounds and other KateFans doing covers
of Kate Songs.  If anyone with musical instruments and recording
equipment in the Bay Area want to team up with me to do one,
(Are you out there,  Drukman?), give me an Email.

- Stev0 the Energizer Bunny of Lovehounds

"I bring you love, and deeper understanding..."
 - Happy Rhodes