Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suggestion to Kate

From: braitman@sirius.com (Stephen M. H. Braitman)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 17:13:06 -0800
Subject: Suggestion to Kate
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

I would like to suggest that Kate Bush try her hand at covering one of 20th
Century Classical Music's great achievements, Aaron Copland's "Twelve Poems
of Emily Dickinson."  Her voice would be deeply personal and sensuous in
the interpretation of Dickinson's poems, and Copland's music (perhaps with
Bush playing the piano herself) a wonderfully spry and pixie-ish
counterpart.

I heartily recommend fans listen to this piece and you'll understand how it
would be perfect for Kate Bush to sing it!  My favorite version is
performed by Copland himself on piano, with soprano Adele Addison singing.
It was released on LP--Columbia M 30375--originally in the late '60s, but
is easily available on CBS or Sony CD reissue.

Stephen M. H. Braitman/Amorous Writing & Editing