Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What Kate's doing next

From: <100306.66@compuserve.com>
Date: 21 Jan 1996 00:41:29 GMT
Subject: What Kate's doing next
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Firstly, I'd like to say that I haven't been in this newsgroup for ages, so don't
be annoyed if my news is already common knowledge! Anyway...

The latest I've heard from Kate is (in her own words) -

"I've been taking time off work this year and it's been really good for me.
I've still kept busy but I've also had lots of time to rest and catch up on
things...I've just done a song for Donal Lunny who's putting an album
together of traditional Irish music. It was fun and very challenging. The lyrics
are in Gaelic so I will eagerly await comments from all Irish speaking listeners
in particular. I'm sure Ma gave me a helping hand!"

The album is to be called "Common Ground (Celtic Voices)" and will be
released by Premier Records which is part of EMI Records. It should be
available worldwide. Other artists appearing include Sinead O'Connor, Davey
Spillane, Elvis Costello, Bono and others. Projected release date is around
March.

Hope this is of interest!

James