Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #19

From: RansomGroup1@eworld.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 12:16:35 -0800
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #19
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Stephane.Jantzen wrote:

>: Kate is not responsible for "Why Should I Love You?" The artist formerly
>: known as Prince was responsible.
>
>KaTe IS responsible : "'coz you're a grown-up now"

Collaborators have a tremendous and sometimes deleterious effect on the
end result of any project where more than one person works. As formerly
Prince also acted as co-producer, the overall sound of the song (the bad
part, I feel sure) was in many ways his responsibility. If two people
build a bridge, and one part falls down, I respect the craftmanship of
the person whose part still stands strong, even if their judgement in
picking collaborators wasn't exactly the best.

Anyway, the lead in and bridge for "Why Should I Love You" are really
quite pleasant. Which leads me to believe that Kate is responsible in
these instances.

Thanks you!

Kevin S. Willis
http://www.ransomgroup.com/al_phlipp