Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #19

From: RansomGroup1@eworld.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 12:16:31 -0800
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #19
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

ged@WOLFE.net (Frank Durning) wrote:

>being a big fan of both kate bush & the artist formerly known as prince, i
>have
>to defend "wsily".  i think the song was wonderful.  the aspects of both
>artists
>are clearly visible, and remarkable. and i don't think kate or any one else
>in the world can be rated "so nearly perfect".  kate herself has even said
>basically that perfection does not exist.  i think the artist formerly known
>as prince deserves credit for his abilities.  he has written, produced,
>arranged,
>and composed his music since the "for you".  he plays 30+ instruments.
>say what
>we will, the man is talented.

An excellent and postive response. You have a very good point, and I
don't have a real strong desire to argue with people who think things and
people are good. Prince is a talented guy, and I'm not surprised Kate
wanted to work with him.

But I would rate Kate, at least in her overall public persona and the
overall quality of the work she has done, "so nearly perfect."

My opinion,
Kevin S. Willis
http://www.ransomgroup.com/al_phlipp/