Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

commercial wirh wuthering heights

From: debklgym@minerva.cis.yale.edu (Deborah Levy)
Date: 16 Jan 1996 22:24:10 GMT
Subject: commercial wirh wuthering heights
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

hey there all
	well i've never posted before but i've had a great time reading all
that you out there have written.   Please excuse the repetition if what im
going to say is old news....
	i was just in spain for christmas break and one day while the tv was
on and i wasn't paying much attention i heard a tune that i knew quite well.
i immediately looked up from what i was doing and realized that it was
'wuthering heights'.  it was for a perfume commercial,  i think it was called
'Zinnia' or something like that.  well anyway it was quite short, about ten
seconds or so, and i'm not even sure if whoever was singing (it definitely
wasn't Kate) was singing the correct words.  it was actually quite a horrible
rendition, in way too high an octave even for Kate, and consisted of the part
ofthe song that goes "it's me i'm Cathy, i've come home. It's so cold, let me
into your window...". (sorry if i dont have the words exactly :) ).
	well, just thought you'd all like to know.  have a good day.

deb