Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush will have a NEW SONG!! (Reminder)

From: barnster <notme@ix.hell.com>
Date: 16 Jan 1996 22:03:18 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush will have a NEW SONG!! (Reminder)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de (Wieland Willker) writes:
> First of all:
> I hope this 'worst song' shit is over now. It really grieves me to see:
> >> For me, it's *******, I *really* hate it ...
> > Yep, this one wins the prize ... but I think ****** is a good challenger.
>
> These statements are very idiotic and completely senseless!
> Please, STOP IT! In the name of Kate!
>
> Folks:
> Kate Bush will have a new song out in/after March 1996!
> It seems to be a traditional Gaelic song and will be released on a
> compilation album of trad. Irish music by Donal Lunny with the title:
> "Common Ground (Celtic Voices)" by Premier Records (EMI).
>
> Until then listen to KaTe: more often, more passionate and louder...
>
> Best wishes
>     Wieland

Dear Wieland,

Thanks for the good news about a new song.  Regarding your plead
for negative criticism to stop--Kate is human like all of us:  she
is not above criticism.  If she records a good song, then we should
praise; if she records a stinker, then we should dig.  What is so
"idiotic" and "completely senseless" in trying to be a fair critic
of all music?

Happiness and peace,

barney