Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Has Kate already peaked?

From: barnster <notme@ix.hell.com>
Date: 12 Jan 1996 10:25:46 GMT
Subject: Has Kate already peaked?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

To all Kate fans:

Honestly, "The Red Shoes" seems to be a decline for Kate after
the two previous masterpieces.  I'm not saying that TRS is as
bad as "Lionheart," but almost.  Still, TRS is better than most
music released today.  Can it be that Kate peaked around the
period from "The Dreaming" to "The Sensual World?"  Even though
I think she has peaked, I would still like her to go on--I mean
if the Rolling Stones are still at it, I'm sure Kate can too into
her late thirties and beyond.

barney