Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Has Kate already peaked?

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 10:53:29 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Has Kate already peaked?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello Barney,

> Honestly, "The Red Shoes" seems to be a decline for Kate after
> the two previous masterpieces.  I'm not saying that TRS is as
> bad as "Lionheart," but almost.

You must remember to include things like "IMO", since I know my
wife's favourite is TRS.

> 	...	...	Can it be that Kate peaked around the
> period from "The Dreaming" to "The Sensual World?"

Personally, I disagree, am I the only one who really likes N4E?
If I were to talk about "peaks" in Kates career, I shift it to
be N4E to HoL, I was fairly disappointed with TSW, but perhaps I
was expecting another HoL. Effort on a video WtW would have been
far better IMO, and let TSW come out later!

Sorry, I should not give any "food" for reasons (or excuses) to
make albums come out even slower. eg:
	"Sorry this one took longer, but I spent a while doing TLTCTC"
a hopefully ficticious quote from Kate in 2000 (or later) on the
release of the next album.

			Bryan Dongray