Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Jersey: READ THIS!!!!

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@dispatch.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 13:58:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: New Jersey: READ THIS!!!!
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On 8 Jan 1996, PamSusan wrote:

> Every band is trying to make a statement...to stand out from the rest.
> That paragraph is only a description of how they are different. Lighten
> up, Stuart!

Uh, that *was* lightened up! I was just having a little fun with the
post!

> >> instrumentation. The reason for this is that their vocalist, Sarah
> Yates,
> >> is a classically trained soprano.
> >
> >Oh, so she's read Aristotle, you mean?
>
> No, Sarah has an amazinglu beautiful voice, and she is trained to sing
> soprano in classical music.

Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson. Our attempts at humor have
been completely ignored; the alien seems to have interpreted them as a
hostile action! Raise deflector shields!

Hmmm, Counselor Troi, what is your analysis? Do you sense any humor here?

"I just know something good is going to happen! Just saying it could even
make it happen!"

Thank you, Troi, that was characteristically useless.

> >> Dazy Mae is a band that has something to offer any music lover.
> >
> >All, right! Now we're talking. Just mail whatever it is to
> >
> >PO Box 496
> >Moxahala, OH 43761-0496
> >
> >Make checks payable to Stuart M. Castergine!
>
> Stuart, get a life

Can you get those mail order?

> >> There is a
> >> place for them in the music of the 1990's, and for many years to
> >>come.
> >It's not just not polite to say what it is.
>
> We all enjoy different music, obviously you wouldn't enjoy Dazy Mae:
> Point Made!

Hey, seriously, chill! I think I probably would like Dazy Mae, I was just
teasing!

> I caught their show at the Pony and I can say that they were great. If you
> get the chance to check them out, please do. Sarah Yates is an amazing
> vocalist!

I honestly would like to, but I seldom make the 550-mile trip from my
place in *Ohio* to the NY-NJ area! If they ever tour, maybe.

scasterg@dispatch.com == Stuart M. Castergine        |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|