Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KateFans

From: Rolf Peukert <Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 96 16:48:57 0100
Subject: Re: KateFans
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi,

willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de (Wieland Willker) wrote:

>Remember yourself (Gurdjieff)
>KateFan-Types (from Neil Calton/Ron Hill, Jan. 1992)
>
>BEGINNER
>
>- thinks Pat Benetar wrote Wuthering Heights
                 ^
this qualifies you as a beginner level Pat Benatar fan :-)
So you're in good company with the layout staff at Chrysalis Records,
they printed "Pat Banatar" on one of her CDs...
[sorry, couldn't resist]

>KNOWLEDGEABLE FAN
>
>- uses 'rec.music.gaffa' without trouble, and is beginning to answer
>  questions
>- is wondering how to get hold of some bootlegs
>- thinks that 'IED' is an AI program
>- has figured out who 'Ken' and 'The G.L.C.' are
>- has learned that reading interviews doesn't help know the "real" Kate
>- types in short reviews from magazines
>- has formulated an opinion on the meaning of 'gaffa' but doesn't like to
>  say

wasn't that like the universe in HHGTTG ?
if anybody ever finds an exact definition of Gaffa, this group will
instantly disappear and be replaced by something more complex.

My first step to become a knowledgeable fan:

German HiFi magazine Audio had Kate Bush among their "midprice tips"
in issue 1/96:
"The Dreaming" wasn't one of her hit albums, but in songs like "Suspended
In Gaffa" she demonstrated impressively, how modern music should sound
to delight head, belly and feet.
[ok, this was a very short review, and a very clumsy translation...
but i'm working on that]

bye,
	Rolf