Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 1996 14:09:08 -0100
Subject: TRS
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Subject: TRS and influences

IED wrote on Jan. 3rd:
> The whole second side of TRS, in IED's opinion, may be heard as a kind of
> musical tribute to some of Kate's early musical influences.

Hmmm. I can't hear a real Steely Dan simmilarity here, but I'm not an
expert.

What I'm really interested in is, which songs did she wrote before and
which after her mother's death. This seems to be one of the greatest, if
not THE greatest break in her life and it might be interesting to know
which songs have been created after this traumatic experience.
Though she wrote "Alive and kicking", I'm not completely sure about this.
At least not around 1993/94. But time is a great healer. I hope for her.

Best wishes
    Wieland