Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the dreaming on colored vinyl

From: figsk8tn@ix.netcom.com (Sklar Toy )
Date: 7 Jan 1996 02:09:45 GMT
Subject: Re: the dreaming on colored vinyl
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In <Pine.SUN.3.91.960106142554.4908B-100000@equinox> emg@unr.edu
(eugene and stuffs) writes:

>does anyone have any information on *The Dreaming* LP on colored
vinyl?
>i've been looking for this, but i'm not sure how rare it is.
>
>the illustrated collector's guide says it's limited to 5 copies, but i

>think that's a typo.
>

>eugene_
>emg@equinox.unr.edu

Eugene, it's correct, there is ONLY 5 copies.  I managed to get my
hands on 2 of the five from Rockaway Records about 6 years ago.  What
they are are 5 different splattered (multicolored) discs without an
photo LP sleeve.  These were strictly promotional.  The 9 tracks on the
LPs are music by Jimi Hendrix.  The only thing in relation to Kate is
the LP label of "The Dreaming"...They each cost me $250.00.
Unfortunately, they have been sold to 2 die-hard collectors in the
Pennsylvania and New York areas when I was in financial dire straits.
In the Illustrated Collectors guide, some of the material were from my
collection that I sold to Tom Richards of Clearwater, Fl.

All I can say is that at least had the pleasure of owning some of the
rarest Kate collectibles around.

And if you ever order rare collectibles by mail/UPS or sell by
mail...be sure to insure your merchandise and have proof of value.  UPS
lost my order for the Yugoslavian "The Kick Inside" LP, and that
hurt..$125 down the drain.

Good Luck on your collecting.

Sklar Toy
Los Angeles