Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Roy Harper albums

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: 28 Dec 1995 16:08:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Roy Harper albums
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <199512200020.TAA26050@remus.rutgers.edu>
woj@remus.rutgers.edu (32 flavors and then some) writes:

> > I also really like the album *Come Out Fighting Ghengis Smith* (1967),
> > but since I hear that Roy is paying a hefty bounty for all remaining
> > copies of this album to be burned, this one might be hard to find.

>   huh. it was recently reissued by roy on science friction label, so i
>   don't think your rumormonger is selling you good lines... ;)

>   woj

This is good news!  My rumormonger was Roy Harper himself, when I
chatted with him for a few minutes in a London pub ten years ago.
Perhaps he listened to my objections that I thought it was a great
album, his opionion notwithstanding, or perhaps the passing of a few
years has made him view his early endeavors a bit more kindly.