Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Straight Dope

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 01:31:07 -0800
Subject: The Straight Dope
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Anders Hultman <anders.hultman@unisource.se> sez:

>andrew_m_gough@ccm.ch.intel.com (Andy Gough) wrote:

>>The helicopter sounds for Pull out the Pin come from Pink Floyd's
>>_The_Wall_ album (from the popular cut, usually referred to as "The
>>Wall", but is really named something like "another brick in the wall
>>part III", which goes "We don't need no education . . .").

>The helicopter on the album "The Wall" is between the tracks "Another
>brick in the wall part I" and "The happiest days of our lives".

Perhaps you should have pointed out the more obvious error, the
helicopter sound from "The Wall" is on "The Ninth Wave", NOT
"Pull out the Pin" (which is probably pure Fairlight)

ben@flump.netkonect.co.uk (Benedict Poole) states:

>akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday) wrote:
>
>>Um, Prince doesn't sing on this song. It's Lenny Henry.
>>

>You're quite wrong. Prince does sing on this. You only have to listen to
>it, for God's sake! Lenny's on there too, in the backing vocals. (And a
>good job he does too).

You're BOTH wrong!  PRINCE sings on backing vocals, and it's
LENNY who's singing the "main" vocals.

Some nameless person asked:

>Where can I find out details of KB concerts World-Wide?

What?  You missed her 1995 tour?

- Stev0 the mailbombed

"I put this digest....here.  I put this digest....here.  I put
this digest...OVER HERE!"
- Our Humble Psuedo-Moderator