Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

coffee background question

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 17:06:59 +0100
Subject: coffee background question
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi,

[my third attempt to post here: this time i've taken the ultimate step -
i've read the FAQ]

almost all my questions about Kate Bush's music were answered by the FAQ
and the excellent archives Cloudbusting and The Garden, but some remain:

this question is aimed at the other german readers of this newsgroup,
but probably the english love-hounds know the answer as well:

i still can't figure out what the background voice is saying at the end
of Coffee Homeground. The FAQ says:

>        This song features two lines (one repeated again) in German, but
>        it's not as prominent as in Hello Earth.  The lines read "Es schmeckt
>        wunderbar" (it tastes wonderful) and "Noch ein Glass mein
>        Liebchen/Liebling" (another glass, my darling).

but that's what i hear (Lionheart CD, EMI UK):

2:49	Noch ein Glass, mein Liebchen
3:02	Es schmeckt wunderbar
3:09	[???? (4 syllables)]

The last line isn't a repetition of one of the lines above. At first i thought
she says "Entschuldigung", but listening again (over headphones), i realized
that it's probably something else. Does anybody know what?

bye,
	Rolf