Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "What is Gaffa?" web page

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 95 23:59 CST
Subject: Re: "What is Gaffa?" web page
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Sharon Nelson asks:

>Oh Yeah, so what the heck is GAFFA anyway?  What page is it that answers
>this question?  I don't understand it.  Duct tape from True Value??????

   The last time this question was asked, I went to the archives. I pulled
up a series of different quotes from different times. When Kate was asked
soon after the album, she explained that it was being held back by little
things (personally I believe that "gaffa" is a pluralization of "gaffe".)
Several years later, she had obviously tired of answering the question.
She then answered with a joke about "gaffer's tape," and being "suspended"
in it.

   Several people chose to ignore this, choosing instead to make asinine
cracks (including one who asked Kate to her face if "Night of the Swallow"
was about fellatio. No, I'm *not* kidding.) I chose to not participate
in this group for several months after, and lost interest in producing
the follow-up to the "Lovehounds Collection."

--
Chris Williams of
Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago