Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

iRock - Music Radio on the 'Net!

From: ggoldwyn@netcom.com (iRock.Communications)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 1995 21:31:32 GMT
Subject: iRock - Music Radio on the 'Net!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

iRock, the Internet's only true Internet Wave music radio station has
added the unreleased The Spin Doctor's, "Miss America" to the playlist
in Show #15. It's available as on-demand audio stream programming via
VocalTec's IWave Player on iRock Internet Music Radio.

Tune in and hear it! - http://www.iRock.Com

iRock plays an eclectic mix of progressive, alternative and wacky
music.  The bottom line is that iRock plays excellent music that
you won't hear on broadcast radio!

"How is iRock different from any other on-air, broadcast radio
station and why would anyone want to listen to radio via their
computer?," are the two questions most often asked.  "The answer's
easy," replies G. J., head muckity-muck and CyberDJ at iRock, "we
play the good music that traditional radio is afraid to play... and
I'm really funny.  Plus, it's really cool to listen to radio over the
Internet.  Anyone can listen to an AM/FM radio in their house or car,
but try listening to iRock via your laptop on the beach with a
cellular modem.  Dude-Man...you'll be an instant geek-babe magnet!"

Here's the current playlist:

No. Artist                      CD/LP
Spin Doctors                (New Unreleased)
Echolyn                     Echolyn (Out Of Print)
Veruca Salt                 American Thighs
Cam Newton                  The Motive Behind The Smile
Cast                        Sounds Of Imagination
Alan Parson's Project       Eye In The Sky
Mike Keneally               Boil That Dust Speck
Gentle Giant                In A Glass House
Jane Wiedlin                Jane Wiedlin
Tristan Park                A Place Inside
Dan Fogelberg               Home Free
Aimee Mann                  Stupid Thing EP
Funzone                     First Artists
IQ                          Nomzamo
Richard Sinclair            Supper's Ready
Everything But The Girl     Idlewild
Zappa                       Ship
Alan Gowen                  Before A Word Is Said

Once again... http://www.iRock.Com

...oh, we do have some Kate songs on iRock, take a look.

--
This is my sig.  It's not much, but neither is this account.